Posted Wednesday, January 29th 2014 @ 12pm
There are new security procedures this year at the Waste Management Phoenix Open! Be sure you know everything before you head in!
The Waste Management Phoenix Open and the PGA TOUR continuously conduct reviews of its security procedures to make appropriate adjustments, when necessary, to provide the safest experience for both players and fans. And, beginning January 1, 2014 the PGA TOUR will implement a host of new security measures that will be in effect at the 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
- Bag inspection will be performed at all Admission Gates while gates are open.
- Opaque bags are not to exceed 6″x 6″x 6″ (in their natural state).
- Clear tote bags, plastic, vinyl, or other carry items are not to exceed 12″x 6″x 12″.
- Volunteers bringing additional items to their assigned shifts must use a clear bag that does not exceed 12″x 6″x 12″. All volunteers will pass through a security checkpoint prior to entering the golf course.
- The tournament will provide approved clear plastic bags at the main tournament entrance & shuttle drop-off points.
- Everyone attending the tournament is subject to search at the entrances and on the course at any time.
- Metal detecting wands will be used at each entrance gate on everyone including volunteers, spectators,
working staff, media, etc.
Prohibited Items Policy:
Prohibited Items List
- No Prohibited items will be permitted on any shuttles
- No Backpacks
- No Chair Bags
- No Lawn or over size chairs
- No Seat Cushions
- No pets except for service animals
- No Bicycles
- No opaque bags larger than 6”x6”x6” (in their natural state) will be permitted
- No clear tote bags, plastic, vinyl, or other carry items larger than 12″x 6″x 12″ will be permitted
- No Video Cameras at any time
- No Cameras permitted after Wednesday
- No Radios, Televisions, or other electronic noise producing items
- No Whistles, Horns or Noise Makers
- No Signs or Banners
- No Alcoholic Beverages may enter or leave the Tournament
- No outside Food or Beverages may enter the Tournament except for medical or infant needs
- No Plastic, Metal, or Glass Cups, Cans or Containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No Coolers of any kind
- No Weapons of any kind may enter the tournament including but not limited to fire arms or knives
- No Computers or Laptops
- No Fireworks
- No Illegal Substances
- No Laser Pointers
- No Poles or Rods
- No other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the PGA TOUR/Tournament Security Officials
Items Spectators will be allowed to bring into the tournament: